Materials have been described, arranged, and digitized on a folder-level.
By-laws, minutes of meetings, articles of incorporation, fundraising letters, legal documents, schedules and pamphlets documenting the development of the Stinson Beach Community Center. The Stinson Beach Community Center is composed of three buildings: the Fire House (1949), the Community Center Hall (1953), and the Community Chapel (1962). They are all governed by the Stinson Beach Community Center, Inc. whose members are elected representatives of the active town organizations. The buildings were all built by volunteers, using funds acquired by volunteer-led fundraising events. The land was donated by Stinson family. The first big fundraiser was the 4th of July Carnival at the Beach in 1947. By 1952, it included "two nights of Fireworks" and 3 days of carnival games. The Allied Arts Rummage Sales, Bingo Parties, Card Parties, Dances, Plays, and Barbeques also made the Center possible.
Stinson Beach Historical SocietyPO Box 413Stinson Beach, CA 94970United States, https://stinsonbeachhistoricalsociety.org
Copyright status unknown. This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, its reproduction may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. This work is accessible for purposes of education and research. Transmission or reproduction of works protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Stinson Beach Historical Society attempted to find rights owners without success but is eager to hear from them so that we may obtain permission, if needed. Upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org, digitized works can be removed from public view if there are rights issues that need to be resolved.